If you’ve wanted to unf*ck yourself and discover your purpose, then do we have the Do the Work show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Gary John Bishop, personal development and urban philosophy expert, the New York Times best-selling author of “Unf*ck Yourself” and “Stop Doing That”, and the author of an irreverent new guide to getting unf*cked, “Do the Work”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about changing your life and discovering your purpose. Plus we’ll talk about captain stardust, soccer and barbarians, relationships and vegas, frolicking with orphaned baby Koalas, Peruvian acoustic guitars and Machu Picchu, and what in the world suburbia and creating a man has to do with anything.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
BOOKS BY GARY JOHN BISHOP:
MORE ON GARY JOHN BISHOP:
Gary began his life journey in Glasgow, Scotland. The grit and wit of his early life have contributed to his tough-love, in-your-face approach to personal development. Coupled with world-class training, Gary has created a potent brew of effectiveness and the ability to reach through the crust of people’s lives and root out the deeper issues that consume them and tie them to their challenges. His ability to elevate and expand people’s greatness makes the kind of life-altering impact that is rare in the industry. Gary’s hyper-awareness and years of elite training allow him to assess each client and guide them to the path that best expresses their lives; with micro precision, he cuts straight to the heart of what is going to make a difference.
Key Points Discussed:
- The most important thing we must do to unf*ck ourselves (03:28)
- Writing down our beliefs and assumptions and then challenging them (04:46)
- What’s the importance of making promises and keeping them? (08:21)
- How to remind ourselves of the promises we’ve made ourselves (13:05)
- How important is our self-talk and where has it driven the majority of us today? (15:13)
- Interrupting the drift of our default self (17:21)
- Understanding the machine so we can have choice and an option of other ways to express ourselves and behave (21:07)
- Stretching the possibilities of the bag of the bones that we are so we can start to shake things up (23:56)
- The pretense of “I don’t care” among young people and the value in a young person starting to test the world for themselves (25:46)
- Do you give yourself that complete and total forgiveness? (28:42)
- The absurdity of the idea of finding purpose (31:48)
- The internal question that purpose is supposed to answer (34:02)
- How do we begin to find the context if we’re driven and lost by the content? (38:55)
- How playing the guitar is the most selfish act that is also the most selfless because it recharges his soul to help others (43:15)
- The importance of looking at our time and our day to day routine (46:27)
- The two steps to freedom and the one tool we can use to shift our perspectives and challenge our beliefs (51:44)
INSPIRE #973: WHY YOU ALREADY KNOW YOUR LIFE PURPOSE & HOW TO LIVE IT! (August Turak, “Brother John”)
INSPIRE #1250: HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR DIVINE NATURE AND CHANGE THE WORLD!!! Plus a Guided Meditation! Audrey Kitagawa, JD
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment