If you’ve ever wanted to reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression, during this crazy time, then do we have the Brain Health Book Show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. William Sears, one of America’s leading and most famous health experts and best-selling authors, and the co-author of a brilliant new book on de-stressing your brain, “The Healthy Brain Book”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about the top ten stress busters to think-change your brain, and reduce stress, anxiety, and depression fast!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. WILLIAM SEARS:
MORE ON DR. WILLIAM SEARS:
Dr. Sears, or Dr. Bill as his “little patients” call him, has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for over 50 years. He received his medical training at Harvard Medical School’s Children’s Hospital in Boston and The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, the world’s largest children’s hospital, where he was associate ward chief of the newborn intensive care unit before serving as the chief of pediatrics at Toronto Western Hospital, a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. He has served as a professor of pediatrics at the University of Toronto, University of South Carolina, University of Southern California School of Medicine, and University of California: Irvine. As a father of 8 children, he coached Little League sports for 20 years, and together with his wife Martha has written more than 40 best-selling books and countless articles on nutrition, parenting, and healthy aging. He serves as a health consultant for magazines, TV, radio and other media, and his AskDrSears.com website is one of the most popular health and parenting sites. Dr. Sears has appeared on over 100 television programs, including 20/20, Good Morning America, Oprah, Today, The View, and Dr. Phil, and was featured on the cover of TIME Magazine in May 2012. He is noted for his science-made-simple-and-fun approach to family health.
Dr. William Sears Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- Are our brains completely out of balance right now? (02:33)
- The reason why seven and eight-year-old kids are getting depression (03:36)
- The bad news in how people go into the Doctor’s office and get the pills without getting the skills (05:26)
- Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI): How the brain and the immune system work together for mental health (07:02)
- How we are failing at balancing our immune systems (09:42)
- The importance of meditation and minibreaks when it comes to dealing with stressful situations (11:58)
- The Neuroscience of Prayer, Spirituality, and Meditation: Dr. Andrew Newberg’s work on the brain (18:41)
- The therapeutic nature of writing and the power of dictating our thoughts as we move (19:44)
- Healing ourselves and keeping ourselves healthy with the internal pharmacy in the lining of our blood vessels (21:28)
- How the brain feels good when the eye sees good (23:13)
- The woods walkers versus the city walkers test (25:50)
- Sending a biochemical text message to the calming center of your brain through the humming effect and why movement betters your brain (28:00)
- The top ten stress busters: If you can change it, don’t worry about it (31:59)
- The reason why you shouldn’t dwell on dumb decisions (32:26)
- Learning to automatically trash toxic thoughts (35:05)
- What is mind muting? (36:18)
- Celebrating our sensitivity as a God-given gift and how sensitive people need to carry around a larger stress busting tool box (38:00)
- The value in always having an attitude of gratitude (41:05)
- Thinking of the day’s positives before going to sleep to make sure your immune system comes out strong (43:00)
- Managing anger before it manages you: How anger stresses out our brains (45:35)
- How doing good can make you feel good (47:32)
- The science of music and meditation and why we should learn how to dance (50:07)
- The God effect: The reason why believers heal quicker (52:47)
- Pre-loading the brain on how you want the day ahead to go by starting the day with meditation (53:40)
- The quickest acting medicine for dealing with depression and the relation between brain and thyroid (55:45)
- Eating more fruits, veggies, seafood, and going outside to play (59:38)
INSPIRE #1350: Eating Smarter For a Smarter, Healthier Brain!!! (Dr. William Sears, “The Healthy Brain Book”)
INSPIRE #759: TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & BODY FOR THE NEW YEAR THRU THE T5 WELLNESS PLAN! (Dr. WIlliam Sears, “Dr. Sears T5 Wellness Plan”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment