If you’ve ever wanted more happiness during this exceptionally trying time, then do we have the Neurodharma show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Rick Hanson, neuro-psychologist, brain expert, and the best-selling author of “Hardwiring Happiness”, “Just One Thing”, “The Buddha’s Brain”, “Resilient”, and his latest incredibly peaceful and enlightening book, “Neurodharma”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about new science, ancient wisdom, and practices of the highest happiness for this interesting time.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. RICK HANSON:
MORE ON DR. RICK HANSON:
Rick Hanson, PhD is a psychologist, Senior Fellow of UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, and New York Times best-selling author. His books have been published in 29 languages and include Neurodharma, Resilient, Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture – with 900,000 copies in English alone. His free weekly newsletter has 150,000 subscribers and his online programs have scholarships available for those with financial need. He’s lectured at NASA, Google, Oxford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. An expert on positive neuroplasticity, his work has been featured on the BBC, CBS, NPR, and other major media. He began meditating in 1974 and is the founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom.
Dr. Rick Hanson Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- As a neuroscientist, with everything that is going on in the world today, what is going on with our minds? (03:22)
- The worldwide alarm and concern that people have been trying to make sense of and how he’s helping people find their footing and build up calm strength (04:52)
- Knowing ourselves scientifically, biologically, neurologically, and from the inside out through modern psychological and the perennial wisdom of the ages (07:00)
- Our vulnerability to negative learning, why we should avoid the news, and what we should do so that we are not hardwiring our minds for anger (08:34)
- Letting be, letting go, and letting in: Three ways to productively and helpfully engage our brains (13:10)
- Taking the power that we have to shift the underlying physical factors in our brain and nervous system to guide ourselves to a better place (20:20)
- Using flowers to crowd out and uproot the weeds that linger in our minds (25:00)
- Linking the negativity we are exposed to to positive habits so we can go to a place of gratitude instead of dwelling on the negativity (29:30)
- The healing opportunity that is coming with the current pandemic (35:18)
- Looking for ways to grow strengths within ourselves that are hard-wired in our nervous system (37:32)
- 15 seconds of close contact with the Dalai Lama and what we can learn from him (40:15)
- Doing what is conducive to the welfare and happiness of others (45:00)
- The importance of bringing things back to compassion and loving-kindness in our relationships with others and ourselves (49:50)
- Appreciating ourselves and others genuinely especially during this time (53:22)
INSPIRE #1004: THE SCIENCE OF HAPPINESS & RESILIENCE! (Dr. Rick Hanson, “Resilience”)
INSPIRE #161: How to Hardwire Happiness for Greater Confidence, Calmness & Contentment (Dr. Rick Hanson, Hardwiring Happiness)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment