If you’ve ever wanted to live a more awake, alive and brilliant life, then do we have the Wake Up! show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Chris Barez-Brown, renowned speaker Fortune 500 consultant, and the author of one of the highest vibration books I’ve ever had the pleasure of pawing, let alone reading, Wake Up!: A Handbook to Living in the Here and Now_54 Playful Strategies to Help You Snap Out of Autopilot!
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about brilliant and playful strategies to help snap you out of autopilot, to live in the here and now!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY CHRIS BAREZ-BROWN:
MORE ON CHRIS BAREZ-BROWN:
Chris is a master of transformation. He is fascinated by people and what makes them tick. By teaching folk how to think differently, Chris makes their lives and businesses more technicolour in hue.
Chris was recently described by The Guardian as a long haired twinkly eyed cross between Richard Branson and a wizard. It is this relaxed, entertaining, yet challenging style that instills in people the understanding of who they really are and what makes them jump out of bed every morning.
When you learn how to reconnect with your inner genius, you have the skills to make good stuff happen. You will feel more confident, energised and alive. All in all, it delivers a shinier, happier version of you. More creative, productive and inspired.Chris’s work has featured in The Guardian, The BBC, Harvard Business Review and Fast Company, and he writes monthly columns for GQ and British Airways’ Business Life magazine. Chris spoke at TEDx Utrecht in January 2016 and the world’s largest leadership event Leadercast in May 2016 where he also interviewed Apple’s co-founder Steve Wozniak live on stage. He shared his life mission at the intimate inspirational ideas festival Do Lectures in June 2015.
Chris has written the bestselling books: How to Have Kick-Ass ideas, Shine: How to survive and thrive at work and Free: Love your work, love your life. In 2016 he launched his latest mission: The Great Wake Up!
Wake Up! the app launched in October 2016 and his latest book Wake Up! Escaping a life on autopilot was published by Penguin Life on January 5th 2017.
Chris began his career in the army (yep), took a u-turn into brand management and subsequently innovation and leadership development. He established the Creative Leadership Consultancy Upping Your Elvis in 2010, and works with his partner Jim Lustyon their mission of unlocking individuals’ innate creative genius. Clients include Nike, Unilever, Britvic, Diageo, The Guardian, Mediacom and ITV. Upping Your Elvis is inspired by U2 singer Bono’s signature question “who’s Elvis around here?”, meaning “who’s the maverick that breaks the rules and gets stuff done”
- How not to make big decisions in life!
- What does it mean to have an autopilot life?
- How much is our subconscious running the show?
- What does our caveman brain have to do with anything?
- What does it mean to wake up?
- What can we learn from David Bowie’s passing?
- What’s the importance of doodling?
- What’s the fastest way to get off autopilot?
- What’s so bad about our television?
- Do rats really prefer sugar to cocaine – and what’s this mean for us?
- What’s the importance of holding our favorite things?
- What is a bathroom buff up?
- What’s it mean to draw your life?
- What are the benefits of dressing the same?
- What is forest bathing, and why is getting to the woods so important?
- What’s the importance of trees?
- What’s so important about dancing?
- What’s the importance of writing your own songs?
- Why do we all want to journal?
- How do we wake up excited and go to sleep grateful?
- What’s the importance of smiling???
- Why do we need to do something big, and what does that look like?
- Why do we want to send a letter this week to someone we care about???
- To find out more visit: barez-brown.com and uppingyourelvis.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.