If you’ve ever wanted more courage or to be a better leader then do we have the Leading With Emotional Courage show for you!
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about, aboutHow to Have Hard Conversations, Create Accountability, And Inspire Action On Your Most Important Work!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY PETER BREGMAN:
MORE ON PETER BREGMAN:
Peter Bregman is the CEO of Bregman Partners, Inc., a company that strengthens leadership in people and in organizations.
He is the host of the Bregman Leadership Podcast, short conversations with thought leaders focused on ideas that people can use to become more powerful and courageous leaders.
He is the author of Four Seconds: All the Time You Need to Stop Counter-Productive Habits and Get the Results You Want, a New York Post top pick for your career in 2015. His previous book was the Wall Street Journal bestseller 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done, winner of the Gold medal from the Axiom Business Book awards, named the best business book of the year on NPR, and selected by Publisher’s Weekly and the New York Post as a top 10 business book. He is also the author of Point B: A Short Guide to Leading a Big Change and contributor to five other books. Featured on PBS, ABC and CNN, Peter is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, and Forbes, and his articles and commentary have appeared frequently in Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Fast Company, The Financial Times, CNN, NPR, and FOX Business News.
Peter began his career teaching leadership on wilderness and mountaineering expeditions and then moved into the consulting field with the Hay Group and Accenture, before starting Bregman Partners in 1998. Peter has advised CEOs and senior leaders in many of the world’s premier organizations, including Allianz, American Express, Brunswick Group, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, FEI, GE Capital, Merck, Clear Channel, Nike, UNICEF, and many others.
Peter bases his work on the notion that everyone–no matter their job or level—has the opportunity to lead. Unfortunately, most don’t. There is a massive difference between what we know about leadership and what we do as leaders. What makes leadership hard isn’t theoretical, it’s practical. It’s not about knowing what to say or do. It’s about whether you’re willing to experience the discomfort, risk and uncertainty of saying or doing it.
In other words, the critical challenge of leadership is, mostly, the challenge of emotional courage. Since 1989, Peter has trained and coached all levels of management and individuals to recognize their leadership, exhibit leadership behaviors, model and stimulate change, and foster growth of their own emotional courage as well as that of their teams and colleagues.
Peter earned his B.A. from Princeton University and his M.B.A. from Columbia University.
- Who is Ann Bradney and what is her Radical Aliveness Institute?
- What does it mean to truly feel everything?
- What’s the importance of being yourself?
- How do we connect with our true “self”
- What’s the importance of meditation?
- What’s the importance of letting go of overly high expectations?
- What does it meant that it’s not about achievement?
- What’s the importance of finding clarity and how do we do so?
- What’s the importance of slowing down – and how do we do this?
- What’s the importance of stepping back and away from things?
- What are a few important rituals we want to put in place on our lives?
- What can we do at the end of the day to set ourselves up for success?
- What’s the importance of getting uncomfortable or leaning into fear?
- What’s it mean to feel the hard stuff?
- What can we learn about Jim Wolfensohn and fencing at the national championships?
- What does he say about taking a risk?
- What’s the importance of risk?
- How can risk serve us, and how do we balance our risk?
- How do we build our risk muscle?
- What does being barefoot and the torah have to do with risk?
- What’s the importance of acting boldly?
- For More Info Visit: bregmanpartners.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.