If you’ve ever wanted to live life with greater courage, then do we have the Fear Less show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dean Sluyter, meditation instructor extraordinaire, the best-selling author of books including the Zen Commandments and Natural Meditation, and his latest piece de resistance, Fear Less: Living Beyond Fear, Anxiety, Anger, and Addiction.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about living beyond fear, anxiety, anger, and addiction.
That plus we’ll talk about Woodlake Elementary School, softballs and sporting goods, Stickless Sensei, singing and prisons, the power of gornisht helfn, happy relaxed Darth Vaders, Volvo’s and hyperspace, and what in the world worms and the Dalai Lama have to do with anything.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY DEAN SLUYTER:
MORE ON DEAN SLUYTER:
Dean Sluyter (pronounced “slighter”) has taught natural methods of meditation and awakening since 1970. His five highly acclaimed books include Natural Meditation (Amazon #1 stress management bestseller, and Nautilus Gold Medal winner for best mind-body-spirit book) and Fear Less: Living Beyond Fear, Anxiety, Anger, and Addiction. Dean gives talks, workshops, and retreats throughout the United States and beyond, from Ivy League colleges to maximum-security prisons. His media appearances have included National Public Radio, The New York Times, New York Magazine, Coast to Coast AM, The Dr. Oz Show, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
A grateful student of Eastern and Western sages in several traditions, Dean has completed numerous pilgrimages and retreats in India, Tibet, Nepal, and the West. He is known for conveying authentic teachings in forms that are relaxed, accessible, and down-to-earth. When not writing or teaching, he narrates audiobooks, makes music, and happily tools around town on his Vespa.
Dean is dedicated to sharing what he has learned from his teachers and his own years of meditative practice. He is happy to travel anywhere to offer talks, workshops, and retreats that are relaxed and lively, adapted to the specific needs of the sponsoring group. Over the years, he has taught at universities, wellness centers, corporations, professional organizations, yoga studios, houses of worship, and prisons, as well as such venues as Chautauqua Institution and New York Open Center. His teaching style is noted for its clarity, warmth, and humor. To arrange an event, email Dean.
- What did Dean learn from his early years of fear in school?
- How’d he go from softball to teaching mantras in prison?
- What brings him such great joy about working with prison inmates?
- Why are the inmates so motivated?
- How can meditation change ones life?
- Does meditation have to be difficult?
- What does easy meditation look like?
- Why shouldn’t meditation be “work”?
- What’s it mean to breathe through your feet?
- What is a hypometabolic state and why do we want to achieve it?
- What does it mean to rest as awareness?
- What are on-ramps to bliss?
- What’s the free way to meditation?
- What is a Darth Vader voice?
- What is object gazing?
- And sky gazing?
- How can meditating in a hammock help?
- How do we use an on-ramp and then forget it?
- What can we learn from Bob Marley about meditation?
- What does our posture have to do with meditation?
- What’s the importance of being kinder than necessary?
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.