If you’ve ever wanted to drop your excuses and find wild success, then do we have the Bluefishing show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Steve Sims, a bricklayer from London, known for high end concierge and getting things done, and the author of one of the most inspiring–scratch that–perhaps the most motivational book for firing you up and getting things done, Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen!
And that’s what I want to talk with him about today, about the art of making things happen.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY STEVE SIMS:
MORE ON STEVE SIMS:
Are you searching for graceful messages to soothe your weary soul? Are you craving gentle insights that whisk you beyond challenges and obstacles? Are you longing for someone pious to take you by the hand and lead you to enlightenment? If so…then please, do yourself an epic favor and stay the hell away from Steve Sims.
Principles — without Compromise
In a world loaded with self-described “motivational gurus” who are far, far more interested in your cash than they are in your consciousness, Steve refuses to compromise his principles, which include:
- Telling the truth the only way he knows how: directly, blatantly, fearlessly and with no holds barred.
- Delivering visionary insights that are deeply rooted in pragmatic reality and practical action: because it’s all about results.
- Sharing everything he knows about being successful on a professional and personal level, right down to the last grizzly, intimate, “oh wow, did he really just say that?” detail.
What You See IS What You Get
Many speakers who claim to be “onions” – i.e. wrapped in mystical and magical layers of enigmatic meaning – have their metaphors mixed up, because they’re typically nothing but smoke and mirrors; get too close, and it’s all style and no substance.
Steve ain’t no onion.
What you see IS what you get. And what you see and get is a man who you’d probably avoid making eye contact with in an alley — or anywhere else for that matter. After all, a shaved head, Harley Davidson garb and body piercings on a 5’ 11”, 240 lb. frame don’t scream “let’s be friends!”
But that’s the irony of it all, because despite his gruff exterior, Steve is remarkably open, engaging, generous, intuitive, insightful and competent – and he’s leveraged all of this to build a remarkably successful entrepreneurial career.
- What was growing up in East London like?
- How did Steve Sims become a brick-layer?
- How’d he find himself working for a bank in Hong Kong – without an education, and what happened???
- How’d he become the go to guy for the super rich?
- What wisdom did his dad give him about water?
- How did bricklaying help him to get things done?
- What can we learn from Dan Fitzpatrick at CNBC and singing with Journey
- What’s the importance of asking why three times?
- Why do people dilute their dreams?
- Why is passion the secret weapon?
- How do we delete the words fail and failure from our language?
- Why is it absolutely critical to learn how to break away from negative places and do something we’re passionate about?
- What’s the importance of doing pure fun?
- What’s the definition of ugly and why is it important to do things ulgy?
- What’s the importance of a personal touch?
- Why is a personal connection so important?
- What’s missing with communication today?
- What’s a self-audit and how do we do one???
- What’s the chug test, and the hug test???
- Why don’t we want to waste a minute of our lives?
- What’s the importance of couching on our strengths and ignoring our weaknesses?
- What does it mean to audit our lives?
- What’s the importance of learning how not to spend time on things that slow you down?
- What’s the power of small gifts?
- What’s the importance of leading (and listening) to your stomach?
- For More Info visit: stevedsims.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.