If you’ve ever needed to heal body, mind or soul, then do we have The Story You Need to Tell show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Sandra Marinella, writing teacher, and the author of a beautiful new book on healing your soul, The Story You Need to Tell: Writing to Heal from Trauma, Illness, or Loss.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about writing to heal from trauma, illness, or loss, how to do it and how to begin.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY SANDRA MARINELLA
MORE ON SANDRA MARINELLA:
Sandra Marinella is an award-winning teacher and writer. In recent years she has taught more than 10,000 writers and given 200+ professional workshops.
When she wasn’t grading essays and short stories late at night, she wrote self-help articles for teens and recorded her life experiences in journals. She raised two wonderful–albeit challenging–sons, made incredible life-long friends, read stacks of books, and ate entirely too much dark chocolate.
In 2012 when she faced breast cancer, Sandra turned her focus from teaching to writing as a way of healing. She began volunteering with veterans and cancer patients. As she watched writing help them to transform their lives, she discovered her new passion—sharing the power of their stories and the methods they used to heal their lives.
After researching and writing her upcoming book, The Story You Need to Tell: Writing to Heal from Trauma, Illness, or Loss Sandra founded the Story You Need to Tell Project at www.storyyoutell.com. Here individuals who want to write or tell their stories can discover life-changing stories and learn the power of reworking and editing their personal life stories with the goal of finding hope, inspiration, and a better way of living.
- When did Sandra discover the power of writing?
- How did Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning inspire her?
- What happened when she was diagnosed with cancer?
- How did writing help her during this time?
- What did it mean to write her story?
- How did she begin writing her story?
- What was her mission through the healing process?
- How did she make the decision to re-write her life?
- What was Sandra’s mystical experience while writing?
- What’s the importance of reflection?
- What is waving, not drowning?
- What does it mean that choices matter?
- What can we learn from Cheryl Strayed?
- What’s the importance of a comforting place?
- Why do we want to go back and review our journals?
- What does it mean to find your writing pattern?
- How do we start writing?
- How do we choose a journal?
- What’s the importance of finding a writing place?
- Why is it good to meditate before writing?
- Are we all writers?
- What does it mean to fire our inner critic?
- How can writing help us hear and move toward positive change?
- For More Info Visit: storyyoutell.com/
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.