Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Rick Hanson, neuropsychologist, brain expert, and the best-selling author of Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence, Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time and the Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. RICK HANSON:
MORE ON DR. RICK HANSON:
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, and an Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, he’s been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs and his free Just One Thing newsletter has over 100,000 subscribers.
The Foundations of Well-Being Program: A year-long online program
Buddha’s Brain Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BuddhasBrain/
Rick Hanson, PhD’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rickhansonphd/
Foundations of Well Being Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/foundationsofwellbeing/
Just One Thing Today Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JustOneThingToday/
- What to do when the waves of life come?
- What is a self-transforming brain?
- How can we change the emotional intelligence of the brain?
- What is the brain’s negativity bias?
- Why are we so vulnerable to the impact of negative experiences?
- Why do our brain’s focus on the sticks over carrots – or on the negative experiences?
- How does mindfulness awareness help bring more stability and peacefulness to our minds?
- Three fundamental ways to relate to the mind
- How do we begin to focus on the positives with our brain???
- How do you switch from the negative to the positive?
- What’s the importance of focusing on the rewards in an experience?
- What does it mean to experience what you want to grow
- What does it mean that the path our life takes boils down to three causes?
- What are 9 ways to make your life better?
- What has the greatest opportunity to make your life better?
- How do we increase our resources for positivity and resilience?
- One simple way on a day to day basis to grow our mental resources?
- What it means to anchor an experience?
- How do we steepen our growth curve to learning in our lives?
- How do we learn how to learn?
- What’s the importance of safety, satisfaction and connection?
- How do we watch our minds learn
- What’s the importance of reflection on our experiences?
- How to rewire the mind for courage.
- How do we change ourselves in some meaningful way?
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.