If you’ve ever struggled with people who treat you like dirt, then do we have The Asshole Survival Guide for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Robert I Sutton, Stanford University Professor and organizational psychologist and the New York Times best-selling author of The No Asshole Rule, and Good Boss, Bad Boss, and his latest, The Asshole Survival Guide.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about How to Deal with People Who Treat You Like Dirt.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY ROBERT SUTTON, PhD:
MORE ON ROBERT SUTTON, PhD:
Professor Sutton’s honors include the award for the best paper published in the Academy of Management Journal in 1989, the Eugene L. Grant Award for Excellence in Teaching, selection by Business 2.0 as a leading “management guru” in 2002, and the award for the best article published in the Academy of Management Review in 2005. The London Business School selected Sutton for the 2014 Sumantra Ghoshal Award “for rigour and relevance in the study of management.” The American Management Association selected Sutton as one of the top 30 leaders who most influenced business in 2014 (ranking him 10th on their list). Sutton was named as one of 10 “B-School All-Stars” by BusinessWeek , which they described as “professors who are influencing contemporary business thinking far beyond academia.”
Sutton has given keynote speeches to more than 200 groups in 20 countries. His writings and opinions are often described in places including The New York Times, The Atlantic, Financial Times, Esquire, Fortune, Wall Street Journal, Wired, TechCrunch, Vanity Fair, and Washington Post. Sutton has been a guest on many radio and television shows, including on ABC, Bloomberg, BBC, CNBC, Fox, NBC Today Show, KGO, PBS, NPR, Marketplace, and CNN. His personal site is at www.bobsutton.net and he blogs at Harvard Business Review,Medium, and as an “influencer” on LinkedIn. Sutton tweets @work_matters.
- How did Dr. Sutton become an A** hole expert?
- How’d he come to write “The No A**Hole Rule?
- What’s a bias-busting mantra?
- What’s it mean to look at ourselves first?
- How do we figure out if we have an a**hole problem?
- What are a few good diagnostic questions?
- What in the world was a a**hole factory?
- What are petty tyrants and why are they so dangerous?
- How do we work with rule nazi’s?
- What’s a grin-f’er?
- What can we learn from Adam Grant about a**hole survival?
- Why is quitting sometimes a good thing?
- What is A**hole blindness?
- What are a few of the top lies people tell themselves
- What’s the best way to leavea job?
- What are a few top A**hole avoidance techniques?
- What’s it mean to slow the rhythm?
- What are safety zones?
- Is there a time to fight?
- What do you need to know if you need to fight?
- What’s the Benjamin Franklin affect?
- Where does love come into the equation?
- What’s the importance of self-love?
- What do we need to know for our kids (and about bullying)?
- To find out more go to: http://www.BobSutton.net
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.