Today I’ll be talking with Leonard Perlmutter co-founder of the American Meditation Institute, and the author of one of the deepest, most profound books I’ve ever read The Heart and Science of Yoga: Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life!
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about an empowering self-care program for a happy, healthy, joyful life.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY LEONARD PERLMUTTER:
MORE ON LEONARD PERLMUTTER:
Founder and director of The American Meditation Institute, Leonard is the author of “Transformation,” The Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine and the award-winning book “The Heart and Science of Yoga® : A Blueprint for Peace, Happiness and Freedom from Fear.” His Heart and Science of Yoga® entry-level course has been accredited by the Albany Medical College, American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses and American Nurses Association to receive medical education credit. Leonard has been a student of Yoga Science since 1975 and a direct disciple of mind/body medicine pioneer Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
- What is the genius of yoga science?
- What is the importance of non-injury, non harming?
- How do we move past the pyrotechnics of the mind to get into our inner wisdom?
- What does it mean that we are all one?
- What is the superconscious portion of the mind and why’s it so important?
- How do we tap into the superconscious?
- How do we make our outer action be in harmony with our inner wisdom?
- How can we transform our anger and anxiety into something positive and healing?
- What is potential vs. kinetic energy when it comes to our mind and consciousness?
- How do we turn fear and anger and anxiety into creativity?
- How do we transform desire into service
- What’s it mean to be a citizen of two worlds?
- How much can meditation help us connect to our supreme reality within?
- What’s the importance of desire?
- What’s the importance of our will or willpower?
- Why do we identify with our pain, and how do we let it go?
- How does a bridge of yoga help us access our inner wisdom?
- What’s the importance of mantras?
- What’s does a true mantra look like?
- Why is a mantra so powerful?
- How do we choose our mantra?
- What does it mean for the mind and the mantra to become one?
- How do mantras help our meditations?
- What is Japa or prayer without ceasing?
- What’s the importance of touchstones to help us remember?
- Who is the me, having this human experience?
- What can we learn from George Harrison and his song “I, Me, Mine”
- Why our thoughts are only suggestions of where to place your intention, not imperial commands
- How do we stop ingesting junk thoughts
- How we want to extreme vet our thoughts.
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.