If you’ve ever wanted a healthier and happier world for yourself and your children, then do we have the Love Thy Nature show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Sylvie Rokab, Emmy award nominated documentary filmmaker, founder of The Light Productions and the director of a powerful, drop-dead gorgeous must-watch film, Love Thy Nature.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about connecting with nature, to connect with ourselves, and to bring balance back to Gaia.
WATCH THE TRAILER:
Watch the Full Length Movie Here: http://lovethynature.com/
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
MORE ON SYLVIE ROKAB:
Sylvie Rokab is an Emmy nominated, award-winning documentary filmmaker with over 20 years experience as a producer, director, cinematographer, editor and writer in film and television. She is the founder of In the Light Productions, a film production company committed to creating conscious films that entertain, educate and inspire.
Sylvie started her career editing shows for HBO and Comedy Central and later moved on to serve as a director of photography on several projects for PBS and the Travel Channel, where she was able to creatively express her intense passion for nature. Most recently, Rokab directed, wrote, and line-produced the award-winning documentary series “House of Babies,” which aired on Discovery Health Channel for four years. Rokab also produced and directed “Innermotion,” an award-winning feature documentary on sexual abuse, described by critics as “gripping,” “earnest” and “brave”.
Committed to giving back, Sylvie has lent her talents as a writer and director to award-winning PSAs which aired onCNN, MSNBC, and FOX as well as ABC, CBS and NBC affiliates. In 2009, she received an Emmy nomination for “A Life Back,” a PSA on addiction recovery.
Sylvie has been a recipient of numerous foundation and government grants and has earned Telly, Aurora, and Communicator Awards among others. She holds an M.A. from Barry University and studied film production at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.
A native of Rio de Janeiro, Sylvie currently resides in Los Angeles, having made the U.S. her home for 27 years. Raised by French and Italian parents born in Egypt, she is fluent in five languages and a worldwide traveler. Thanks to her eclectic, multi-cultural background, Sylvie embraces universality in her filmmaking and seeks to inspire a global audience.
- What does it mean to grow up a “Nature Girl” in Rio?
- What do lizards, toukans and monkeys have to do with anything?
- How does a multicultural background affect ones view of the world?
- How did the emmy nominated film-maker get into film work?
- How did she start the Love Thy Nature project?
- How did she get Liam Neelson to work on the project?
- What was her driving force or key message that’s so important today?
- Why did she turn down a highly lucrative TV series to make Love Thy Nature?
- How did she find her teachers including Jack Kornfield?
- What can we learn about our connection to nature from Buddhism and mindfulness?
- What does it mean that we are nature?
- What does it mean to connect with who we are, as we are?
- Why is this so important?
- What is the importance of understanding our interdependence with Nature?
- What is gaia and what does this really mean?
- What can we learn from the coyote and the prairie dog?
- What can we learn about nature for kids?
- What is nature deficit disorder, coined by author Richard Louv who wrote “Last Child in the Woods”?
- What is nature so important for our children?
- What is the danger of keeping kids indoors and in technology
- What is bio-philia and what’s its importance?
- What can we do to help our world?
- What’s the importance of reconnecting with our nature?
- How can witnessing the weather ground us?
- And how can nature teach us, and what can we learn from her?
- Where can we draw our greatest hope?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- For More Info Go To: lovethynature.com/
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.