Today I’ll be talking with Judah Pollack, former faculty member at Stanford’s StartX and the co-author of an incredibly creative and entertaining new book we’ve spoken about on the show, The Net and the Butterfly: The Art and Practice of Breakthrough Thinking.
Today I want to talk with him about the shamanic journey, what it is, what it looks like, and how we can reclaim our power and connection to the natural world.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
MORE ON JUDAH POLLACK:
Judah Pollack is a former faculty member of Stanford StartX and current lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business. As a speaker and strategic adviser in the art of leadership, he works regularly with the US Army Special Forces and Red Team University, as well civilian clients such as the Plexus Institute, Airbnb, IDEO.org, and The North Face.
- How has it helped the former Stanford StartX’s faculty member?
- What exactly is a shamanic journey?
- What does shamanism and the shamanic journey have to do with nature?
- What can the shamanic journey help with?
- Why is it so important today?
- How does it help overcome obstacles?
- What is soul loss and how does the shamanic journey help?
- How does power loss come about?
- What are the symptoms?
- Can it show up as illness as well?
- What is soul retrieval?
- How does one lose pieces of one’s soul?
- Why is it so important to do something about it?
- What is the shamanic journey itself?
- What is a helping spirit?
- What’s the importance of the drum, rattle, or chanting – or what’s a sonic driver?
- What happens wihen the drum plays?
- Do we need a shaman?
- Where do we go?
- What are the upper, middle, and lower worlds?
- What’s a departure point?
- Why is it so important to remember your way back?
- What’s it mean to develop a disciplined practice and why is it so important?
- How do we maintain a journey practice on our own?
- What’s the importance of setting intention before taking a journey?
- Can you lead us through a guided journey?
- Guided shamanic journey with drums!
- For more info visit: JudahPollack.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.