If you’ve ever wanted breakthrough ideas, and incredible creativity then do we have The Net and the Butterfly Show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Olivia Fox author of The Charisma Myth, and Judah Pollack, both former faculty members at Stanford’s StartX and the authors of an incredibly creative and entertaining new book on breakthrough ideas, The Net and the Butterfly: The Art and Practice of Breakthrough Thinking.
And that’s just what I want to talk with them about today, about the art and practice of breakthrough thinking.
If you’ve ever wanted to find success, think outside the box, break-through paradigms, or re-invent your job, career, or life, then today’s show is for you!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY OLIVIA FOX CABANE & JUDAH POLLACK:
MORE ON OLIVIA FOX CABANE:
Olivia Fox Cabane is the former Director of Innovative Leadership for Stanford StartX and the bestselling author of The Charisma Myth. In addition to being a keynote speaker and executive coach to the leadership of Fortune 500 companies such as Google, MGM, and Deloitte, she lectures at Harvard, Yale, MIT, and the United Nations.
MORE ON JUDAH POLLACK:
Judah Pollack is a former faculty member of Stanford StartX and current lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business. As a speaker and strategic adviser in the art of leadership, he works regularly with the US Army Special Forces and Red Team University, as well civilian clients such as the Plexus Institute, Airbnb, IDEO.org, and The North Face.
- What can we learn from Einstein and special relativity.
- What’s a breakthrough?
- What’s the difference between the executive network of the brain and the default network?
- What can we learn from Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
- What’s the importance of switching back and forth between the Executive and the Default Network?
- What does switching between the EN and the DN have to do with automatic writing?
- What’s the importance of sleeping on things?
- What’s the hypnagogic state?
- What’s the hypnopompic state?
- What’s the importance of each state and how do we get into each?
- How do we access “genius mode”
- What’s the importance of mindless activities?
- What’s the importance of taking a shower or shaving?
- What’s the benefit of taking a walk?
- Why do we want to change our environment?
- What can we learn from Casablanca and We Are the Champions?
- What’s an exercise we can use to change our psychological environment?
- What’s the importance of nature for creativity?
- What does LUMIAMI stand for and what’s the breakthrough process?
- What’s the importance of Novelty
- How do we practice brain plasticity
- What’s a great exercise to cultivate creativity in our mind
- What do we do about our inner critic?
- What are a few quick fixes for fear?
- How do we reframe and bounce back from failure
- What are supertools for creativity?
- Why is a higher a purpose and altruism important
- How does meditation and metta-kindness help with creativity?
- What one exercise can you begin today to cultivate creativity?
- For More Info Visit: TheButterfly.Net
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.