INSPIRE #549: THE POWER OF FORGIVENESS!
Mpho Tutu Van Furth, Daughter of Nobel Prize Winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu on The Power of Forgiveness! + Guided Meditation!
If you’ve ever wanted to move from shame or blame to freedom, then do we have The Book of Forgiving show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Reverend Mpho Tutu Van Furth, daughter of Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a Nobel prize winner and a peace-loving leader in the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa.
She’s the co-author, along with her father, of one of the single-most important books I’ve ever read, The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today. About the fourfold path for healing ourselves and our world.
That, plus we’ll talk about choosing the next right thing, fine arts and electrical engineering, kitchen-table ministry, a laptop romance, and what it means to be a prince in high heels!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
BOOKS BY REVEREND MPHO TUTU VAN FURTH:
MORE ON REVEREND MPHO TUTU VAN FURTH:
The Reverend Mpho A. Tutu an ordained Episcopal Priest and founding Director of the Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation.
For five years, Rev. Tutu was Director of the Bishop Desmond Tutu Southern African Refugee Scholarship Fund of the Phelps Stokes Fund. That program provided full four-year scholarships to refugees from South Africa and Namibia. Ms. Tutu has worked as a volunteer teaching in and English as a second language (ESL) ministry in Alexandria, VA.
Rev. Tutu holds a Master of Divinity Degree form Episcopal Divinity School in Cambridge, MA. She was awarded a Women Living Religion Fellowship by the MacMillan Center at Yale University in New Haven.
The Rev. Mpho Tutu is a trustee of Angola University. Rev. Mpho Tutu is the Executive Director of Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation, an organization founded by her father Desmond and mother Leah.
Rev. Tutu has co-authored two books with her father, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu – “Made for Goodness” and “The Book of Forgiving”. She also co-authored “Tutu: The authorized Portrait” with Award winning journalist Allister Sparks.
- What was it like growing up in Apartheid?
- What was her moment of greatest clarity, back in Soweto during the memorial of the Soweto uprising?
- What it means to have connectedness to everyone
- What her mother and father, Archbishop Desmond Tutu have in a gift of welcoming others.
- How did she get involved in the church?
- What’s a laptop love-affair?
- What it means to choose the most loving thing to do?
- What are the basic tenets of forgiveness?
- What is the fourfold path for forgiveness.
- Why do you need to forgive?
- What are the consequences in the global community and personal lives of a refusal to forgive.
- What are daily practices of forgiveness?
- How South Africa had to practice forgiveness to move past Apartheid.
- What is the cycle of revenge and the cycle of forgiveness.
- What is conditional vs. unconditional forgiveness
- Is forgiveness weakness or strength
- What does it mean forgiveness is the most loving thing you can do?
- What’s the importance of anger?
- How do we use anger as a teacher?
- What’s the importance of self-forgiveness?
- How do we forgive ourselves?
- To find out more visit: http://www.humanjourney.com/forgiveness/
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.