INSPIRE #543: HOW TO FIND YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF & LIVE YOUR TRUTH!
John Kim “The Angry Therapist” on How To Find Your Authentic Self & Live Your Truth!!!
If you’ve ever been frustrated that life’s not going the way you’d like and you’d like to do something about it, then do we have The Angry Therapist show for you!
Today I’ll be Talking John Kim, entrepreneur, blogger, therapist, and the author of a powerful new book, The Angry Therapist: A No BS Guide to Finding and Living Your Own Truth.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to find your authentic self, and live your own truth.
That, plus we’ll talk about buying strangers sandwiches, setting bowling shoes on fire, movie trailers and human notes, SUV’s and tempurpedic pillows, what in the world’s a model in a bottle and what does Fred Durst, Kate Hudson, Japanese sushi, and Italian restaurants have to do with anything?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
BOOKS BY JOHN KIM:
MORE ON JOHN KIM:
As he was going through an expired relationship, John Kim created a blog on Tumblr and titled his first post “My Fucking Feelings”. He named his blog The Angry Therapist and started to document his journey post divorce.
Even though he was a licensed therapist, John chose not to present himself that way. He wore t-shirts and jeans. He preferred the language of “me too” as opposed to “you should”. He blogged about his short comings, revelations, and his views on relationships, the self help business, and the world. He found CrossFit, bought a motorcycle, and started coaching people in unconventional ways.
Soon he had a full practice. He would see clients all over the world using his phone. And zoomed around town on his motorcycle to do sessions in coffee shops. Through this process, he came up with his own concepts. He realized that there was a new way to help others, combining what he learned in therapy school with life coaching and using technology to be mobile and create online communities, but most importantly, he took a very different approach, one frowned upon by the rigid and antiquated therapy world. He practiced transparency. People keep asking him why he calls himself The Angry Therapist. His reply: It’s my way of saying I’m human.
John’s path has led him to become a pioneer in the in the field of self help, rebranding from stigmatized to sexy. He is an entrepreneur, published author, public speaker, a teacher, and a raw, unique voice that resonates in deep places with all whose path he crosses. Instead of a therapist, he likes to think of himself as a lifestyle designer.
The Angry Therapist has become greater than just John Kim. Today, it is a place to find support no matter where you are or what you’re going through. It’s a place where definitions of our common human struggles are based largely on experiencing life and allowing it to break and heal us, which is very different than labels applied by learning about suffering in text books. It is a growing team of therapists and life coaches all over the world- practicing transparency, living as the truest versions of themselves, continually growing, and in this process becoming Catalysts. It is also a school, teaching this new way of helping others and supporting them in that journey. It is a thriving community unlike any other. The Angry Therapist is a lifestyle.
- What is K-Rage?
- What’s it mean to be a product of a non-feeling based home?
- What’s it mean to John Kim something?
- What’s the importance of containers?
- What does it mean “Everything starts with how you feel. It’s the birthplace of change”?
- What is transparency?
- What’s it mean to live inside out instead of outside in?
- What’s the importance of accepting your story?
- What does transparency have to do with vulnerability?
- What can we learn from movie trailers and human knots
- What does it mean to go through personal death to start living again?
- What are revelations and executions?
- How do we break old habits?
- What does it mean when you have nothing to prove you have the most to give?
- What’s the difference between healthy time and unhealthy time?
- How do we stop being a victim?
- What’s the importance of practicing gratitude?
- Why do we need a daily gratitude practice?
- What’s it mean to anchor?
- What are non-negotiables?
- Why do you say men walk with mirros while boys do not?
- What’s a model in a bottle?
- Where does meditation fit in and what does it look like?
- What’s the importance of physical movement?
- How has cross-fit changed his life?
- What does it mean that passion isn’t found it’s forged?
- Visit: www.Shft.Us and www.TheAngryTherapist.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.