INSPIRE #541: HOW TO RELEASE CHRONIC PAIN & BACK PAIN – FOR GOOD!!! + Meditation!
Dr. David Hanscom on How to Release Chronic Pain & Back Pain – For Good!!! + Guided Meditation!
If you’ve ever struggled with chronic pain or back pain, or thought surgery was the only answer, then do we have the Back in Control show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. David Hanscom, a complex-deformity spine surgeon of over thirty years, and the best-selling author of Back in Control: A Surgeon’s Roadmap Out of Chronic Pain, 2nd Edition.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about a roadmap to get out of chronic pain, and WITHOUT surgery.
That plus we’ll talk OCD and panic attacks, shopping for used cars, jumping off cornices, migraines and the Fourth of July, flat tires and labeling, how not to think of white bears, and what in the world we can learn from your daughter Jaz, a tango party, and 20 dollars.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
BOOKS BY DR DAVID HANSCOM:
MORE ON DR DAVID HANSCOM:
Dr. Hanscom is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in complex spine problems in all areas of the spine. He has expertise in adult and pediatric spinal deformities such as scoliosis and kyphosis. A significant part of his practice is devoted to performing surgery on patients who have had multiple prior spine surgeries. He works for Swedish Neuroscience Specialists in Seattle, WA.
- What are the three steps out of chronic pain?
- What is a neurophysiologic disorder?
- What are imbedded pain pathways?
- What’s the importance of sleep?
- What’s expressive writing?
- What’s the relationship between anger and chronic pain?
- When did Dr. Hanscom start having panic attacks?
- What were the writing exercises Dr. Hanscom started doing for healing?
- What’s the gift of “extreme suffering”
- What’s the chronic pain patient’s dilemma?
- Are emotional and physical pain equivalent?
- What happened shortly after Dr. Hanscom completely orthopedic residency?
- What is active meditation?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- What’s the importance of play?
- What’s the importance of gratitude?
- What’s the importance of forgiveness?
- What’s the power of commitment?
- To find out more visit: http://www.backincontrol.com/
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.