INSPIRE #538: HOW TO BREAK THRU PARADIGMS! + Guided Meditation
Stephen Buhner on How to Break Thru Paradigms By Connecting with the Natural World! + Guided Meditation!
If you’ve ever wanted a completely different way to look at, perceive, and connect with the world, then do we have the Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Stephen Harrod Buhner author of Herbal Antivirals, Herbal Antibiotics and at least 17 other books including one of the most important, profound, and paradigm shifting books I’ve ever read, Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm: Beyond the Doors of Perception into the Dreaming of Earth.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, our connection to the natural world, how to cultivate a completely new realm awareness, and what it means for our day-to-day lives.
That plus we’ll talk about Barbara McClintock, Tom Sawyer Syndrome, butterflies and first grade, sharing a metaphysical moment with grandpa, Lyme disease and Japanese knotweed, White Pine, and Clark’s Nutcracker and what in the world can happen if it’s the sixties and you have long hair in Texas.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY STEPHEN BUHNER:
MORE ON STEPHEN BUHNER:
tephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth poet and the award-winning author of twenty books on nature, indigenous cultures, the environment, and herbal medicine. He comes from a long line of healers including Leroy Burney, Surgeon General of the United States under Eisenhower and Kennedy, and Elizabeth Lusterheide, a midwife and herbalist who worked in rural Indiana in the early nineteenth century. The greatest influence on his work, however, has been his great-grandfather C.G. Harrod who primarily used botanical medicines, also in rural Indiana, when he began his work as a physician in 1911.
Stephen’s work has appeared or been profiled in publications throughout North America and Europe including Common Boundary, Apotheosis, Shaman’s Drum, The New York Times, CNN, and Good Morning America. Stephen lectures yearly throughout the United States on herbal medicine, the sacredness of plants, the intelligence of Nature, and the states of mind necessary for successful habitation of Earth.
He is a tireless advocate for the reincorporation of the exploratory artist, independent scholar, amateur naturalist, and citizen scientist in American society – especially as a counterweight to the influence of corporate science and technology.
- What’s the importance of Einstein’s words “We can’t solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them”?
- What does it mean to look with luminous or child-like eyes?
- What happened to people with long hair in Dallas in the sixties?
- What are emancipation papers?
- What did he learn from Elisabeth Kübler-Ross?
- What do butterflies have to do with Nazi concentration camps?
- How do we abandon our preconceptions?
- What does it mean to see and hear in the old way?
- What does it mean to truly become aware?
- What are the challenges with science and a deconstructionist way of perception?
- How do we override our gating, or our limited scope of awareness?
- What does it mean to shift our consciousness?
- How do we develop our senses?
- What does it mean to follow golden threads?
- What do indigenous cultures understand about awarenss?
- Where does imagination fit into awareness?
- How do we see what is right in front of us, rather than merely looking at it?
- What is seeing with caring or seeing with friendship?
- To find out more visit www.gaianstudies.org
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.