INSPIRE #521: HOW TO LIVE THE LIFE YOU’RE GIVEN! + Guided Meditation
Mark Nepo On How to Live the Life You’re Given for More Happiness, Peace & Love! + Guided Meditation
Today I’ll be talking with Mark Nepo, the #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of The Book of Awakening, and a very special uplifting new book, The One Life We’re Given: Finding the Wisdom That Waits in Your Heart.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about crafting our lives and finding the wisdom that waits in our hearts.
That plus we’ll talk about the importance of windows; souls, sails, and rudders, the great Chinese Poet Tu Fu, the importance of Bryant Park, what we can all learn from Grandma Minnie and how to know when we’re really scudding along?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY MARK NEPO:
MORE ON MARK NEPO:
Mark Nepo is a poet and philosopher who has taught in the fields of poetry, health, and spirituality for forty years. A New York Times #1 bestselling author, he has published fourteen books and recorded eight audio projects. Mark has appeared with Oprah Winfrey on her Super Soul Sunday program on OWN TV, and has also been interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. His work has been translated into more than twenty languages. Mark keynotes regularly for conferences and corporations, works with healing and medical communities, including chaplains and therapists, speaks and offers workshops for colleges and universities, and leads spiritual retreats.
In 1987, Mark was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. The heart of that journey and its aftermath has greatly informed his work. Ever since, he has been a student of all paths and his work has explored the common center and unity of all spiritual traditions, focusing on how we can experience that unity when we can lean into life and hold nothing back. Ultimately, he explores with others how to live wholeheartedly, so we can inhabit the gifts we are born with and find the language of our own wisdom.
NYC Event: ABC Carpet & Home Weekend Workshop, The One Life We’re Given – March 3rd & 4th, 2017
California Event: Lake Elsinore, Pine Manor Retreat Center – April 7th to 9th, 2017
- What’s the significance of a wood shaving?
- What does it mean we’re all born with a gift?
- What do souls and sails and rudders have to do with one another?
- What’s the importance of leaving the shallows and being out in the open?
- What does it mean effort readies us for grace?
- What’s the relationship between effort and grace?
- What does it mean, half of the soul’s work is to be. The other half is to be of use?
- What’s the tension between will and surrender?
- What can we learn from a large rock north of Monterey
- What can we learn from animals in Monterey Bay?
- What does this mean: When we’re too exhausted to uphold our difference’s there’s room enough for everyone?
- What can we learn from today’s political times
- How can we work to see others as ourselves
- What’s the importance of working to see the other side of things
- Why’s it good to be knocked off our horse?
- Why do we want to keep our hearts open a little bit longer when we feel we have nothing left to give?
- What is the goal of life?
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.