INSPIRE #404: HOW TO HAVE MORE TIME, MORE MONEY & LESS STRESS THRU MINIMALISM!!!
Joshua Becker on living a better life with more time, happiness & money through minimalism & The More of Less!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY JOSHUA BECKER:
Today I’ll be talking with Joshua Becker, creator of BecomingMinimalist.com and the author of an incredible book we could almost all benefit from, The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own.
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, about finding the life you want, under everything you own.
That plus we’ll talk about tents and skateboards, calm and a Corolla, who in the world is Mr. Paper, scratched mini-vans and dud garage sales, Kim and Grandma Irene, Salem and Alexa, and what happened with the Jell-O molds, on August 22nd?
MORE ON JOSHUA BECKER:
Joshua Becker and his young family were introduced to minimalism 6 years ago during a short conversation with their neighbor. Since then, Joshua’s story and writing have inspired millions around the world to find more life by owning fewer possessions. Today, based on his thoughtful and intentional approach to minimalism, he is one of the leading voices in the modern simplicity movement reaching over 1 million readers every month.
Joshua is the founder and editor of Becoming Minimalist, a website dedicated to intentional living that was named by SUCCESS Magazine as one of the top ten personal development websites in 2015.
He is also the Wall Street Journal best-selling author of Simplify and Clutterfree with Kids. He has contributed to articles in Time magazine, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Christianity Today. And he is a frequent guest on HuffPost Live and has appeared on numerous television programs, including the CBS Evening News.
He is also the Founder of The Hope Effect, a nonprofit organization changing how the world cares for orphans. Currently, he lives in Peoria, AZ with his wife and two young kids.
- How did they start down the minimalist path?
- What is minimalism?
- Does becoming minimalist require great organizational skills
- What’s the fog of consumerism?
- What happened to his 5 year old when he went into the toy store
- What we can learn about consumerism and different generations
- Why don’t we need to start with the hard stuff
- What’s the importance of having a why, and why’s it important to sticky-note it around your house.
- How’s the 80/20 rule relate to our possessions?
- What can we learn about calm and a corolla?
- How do we sort through, prioritize and remove things?
- How do we know what to keep, and what to sell?
- What does out of sight, out of mind, have to do with things?
- What do you do if you’re extremely sentimental?
- What do we do with paperwork?
- What do we do about the holidays?
- What do we do with gifts
- What do we teach our kids about minimalism?
- What does faith and spirituality have to do with minimalism?
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.