INSPIRE #327: HOW TO ACCELERATE YOUR SUCCESS THRU THE SCIENCE OF HAPPINESS! + Meditation!
Emma Seppala PhD, Science Director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University speaks on The Science of Happiness To Accelerate Your Success! + Guided Meditation!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY EMMA SEPPÄLÄ:
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. Emma Sepalla, Associate Director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education Center at Stanford University, founder of Fulfillment Daily, a TEDx talk speaker who’s work has been featured in the Documentary Free The Mind and the author of a fascinating new look at the science of happiness titled, The Happiness Track: How to Apply the Science of Happiness to Accelerate Your Success.
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, how to apply the science of happiness, to accelerate your success!
That plus we’ll talk about the danger of strengths, morning morality, the Stanford Duck syndrome, successaholics, the power of a hug, why we might want to stop paying attention, and start daydreaming, and why taking a take a 2 day silent retreat before surgery, just may be the greatest gift in the world.
MORE ON EMMA SEPPÄLÄ:
EMMA SEPPÄLÄ is Science Director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University and a leading expert on health psychology, well-being, and resilience. Her research has been featured in the New York Times, ABC News, Forbes, the Boston Globe, U.S. News & World Report, the Huffington Post, INC, and Fast Company.
She is founder of the popular online magazine Fulfillment Daily and a frequent contributor to Psychology Today, Harvard Business Review, and the Huffington Post. Her writing has also appeared in the Washington Post, Scientific American Mind, and Spirituality & Health.
Seppälä consults for Fortune 500 leaders on building positive organizations. A sought-after speaker, she has addressed academic, corporate, and governmental institutions, including Google, the National Science Foundation, and the World Bank.
- How did she teach returning veterans yoga breathing techniques (to help with injuries, anxiety and PTSD)
- What happened to veterans who did a one week breathing program
- What are the incredible benefits of the breath
- What she learned while interning for an international newspaper in Paris
- What’s the Myth of Success and why’d she write The Happiness Track
- What are the 6 myths with success?
- What was it like first attending Stanford?
- Who was Antonio Horta Osorio and what happened with him?
- What’s an amazing benefit of showering?
- Why we want to take time off from work
- Why psychic yourself up by stressing yourself out is not the answer
- What’s the importance of self-compassion
- What’s wrong with checking our inbox?
- Why we want to ‘Eat Your Frog’ (Brian Tracy)
- Why you don’t want your email to invade your life
- What’s the hangover effect
- Why mindfulness is so important but we are never happier than being in the present moment
- Why the answer may not be willpower or grit
- What does calmness have to do with energy management?
- Where does play fit into things?
- Why life shouldn’t be so serious?
- What we can learn from Dwight D. Eisenhower about play.
- Why it’s so important to completely disconnect when you’re at home.
- What we can learn from Salvador Dali
- What we can learn from Pico Iyer and the Art of Silence
- When stress is good
- Why mindfulness may not be the best, but how meditation from the Art of Living may help.
- What we can learn from Jack Ma and Alibaba
- What’s the danger of self-focus?
- What we can learn from congressman Tim Ryan
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.