INSPIRE #277: How to Attain Divine Love + Guided Meditation!
Radhanath Swami, Author Autobiography of an American Swami, Shares Beautiful Wisdom to Attain Divine Love Compassion & Happiness + Guided Meditation!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY RADHANATH SWAMI:
Today, I’ll be talking with Radhanath Swami a world-renowned spiritual leader and the best-selling author of The Journey Home, Autobiography of an American Swami, and the author of one of my new favorite spiritual books, The Journey Within: Exploring the Path of Bhakti.
Today, we’ll be talking about attaining divine love and living a more spiritual existence in each and every moment.
That, plus we’ll talk about cave dwelling in the Himalayas, the yoga of cooking, the secret of redwoods, Hanuman’s tail, and what we can all learn from monkeys!
MORE ON RADHANATH SWAMI:
Radhanath Swami was born Richard Slavin in Chicago in 1950. At age seventeen, he traveled overland from Amsterdam to India, where he lived in Himalayan caves, learned yoga from revered masters, and eventually became a world-renowned spiritual leader in his own right. His newest book is The Journey Within Exploring the Path of Bhakti. His acclaimed memoir, The Journey Home has been translated into over twenty languages and has been published in over forty countries worldwide.
Radhanath Swami presently travels in Asia, Europe and America teaching devotional wisdom to leading institutions including Harvard, MIT, Google, Apple and The London School of Economics., He can often be found with his community in Mumbai, where he works tirelessly to help develop communities, food distribution, initiatives, missionary hospitals, schools, ashrams, emergency relief programs and eco-friendly farms.
- What happened to his mother with a monkey near Mumbai
- Understanding the monkey mind
- The importance of treating a sentient being with compassion and love
- In his first book, The Journey Home, how he tells the story of his travels to India and through the Himalayas, and how he spent time with a Saddhic Kaleshbaba, and what he taught him about living in the jungle
- What’s the importance of seeing other people and other things as children of God, with compassion and respect.
- What the true wisdom is of seeing everyone with equal vision
- How do we answer the question, who am I?
- What’s it mean to live in sacred space?
- How we’re affected by the people we’re with, and our environment – important self-help tip!
- What is the spiritual definition of ‘success’ and what we can learn from Hanuman
- How to find love
- What’s the spiritual importance of satsang, or associating with uplifting people?
- What’s the spiritual practice of satana? (How yoga is a method of doing this too)
- What is sadichar – living in a spirit of service and character?
- About Hrishikesh and Reika
- How we would treat people differently if we viewed people as gifts of God entrusted in our care
- What he was given on the bank of a river that an orthodox hindu holy man had held onto for 40 years
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.