INSPIRE #175: Discover the One Thing You Can Do to Make Everything Else Easier & Create an Extraordinary Life!
Jay Papasan Shares the Secret to The One Thing & How This Simple Technique Can Create The Success, Happiness, & Life You Desire! Plus Extreme Time Management!!!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY JAY PAPASAN:
Today we’ll be talking with Jay Papasan, vice-president and executive editor at Keller Realty, co-owner Papasan Properties Group (with his wife) and co-author of best-seller The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results, to me, one of the greatest business books of all time… right up there alongside Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller – Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century.
And so today, while I want to ask Jay questions about dozens of topics, we’re gonna focus on The ONE THING, and that one thing can make your days easier, help you build the life you desire, give you MORE time, and quite possibly greater success than you could ever imagine.
That plus we’ll talk about the power of dominos, going small, why big isn’t bad, why will power isn’t always on will-call, what in the world’s a time block, and why we almost all fail at the marshmallow test.
MORE ON JAY PAPASAN:
Jay Papasan is a bestselling author, vice president and executive editor at Keller Williams Realty International, and co-owner, alongside his wife Wendy, of the Papasan Properties Group in Austin, Texas. His most recent work with Gary Keller on The ONE Thing has garnered more than 200 appearances on national bestseller lists including #1 on the Wall Street Journal bestseller list. Before joining Keller Williams Realty, Jay served as an editor at HarperCollins Publishers, where he worked on such bestselling books as Body-for-Life by Bill Phillips and Go for the Goal by Mia Hamm.
- How Jay Papasan stopped writing a book on focus, and lost focus to write a different book.
- What it means to go small
- What is the key battle-cry of The One Thing
- What dominos have to do with the One Thing
- What it means that one thing can do many things, in business or in life.
- How Dominos can move exponentially.
- Why a plateau is not necessarily a plateau but a foundation for explosive future growth
- What the Six Big Lies in Life and Business are.
- Why all things are not equal.
- What does the Paredo effect have to do with our to-do lists
- Why we need a success list, not a to-do list.
- Why it’s not about what you do, but what you accomplish.
- A three minute technique to radically improve your to-do list and improve your time management.
- Why multi-tasking is a lie – Clifford Nass former Harvard then Stanford behavioral scientist who did a study on multitasking.
- Why you need to minimize your transition time
- What is time-blocking for time management
- Why it’s so important to use your morning’s for the One Thing
- Why it’s so important to have an assigned time for things in a calendar over your to do list
- Why success is not about your will power.
- Baba Shiv Stanford motivation study
- What was learned from an Israeli Parole board about motivation
- What’s the important of energy management.
- Why it’s never about motivation
- Why big is not bad
- Why successful people aren’t trading time for success
- Why it was said during a Greg Cardone by Jay “why wealthy people buy time, while poor people sell it.”
- What is the focus question, the one most important question to ask yourself.
- Why it’s better to say “I do” then to say “yes”
- The importance on learning how to say “no” how to protect your commitments, and say yes to yourself
- The importance of lining up your dominos
- What’s the importance of taking a mental health day
- One important tip on time management
- How Jay went from 240 to 199.
- Seinfeld’s secret to success
- How to use your calendar for success – and why you want to show it to others.
- Why you want to take 5 minutes a day for your One Thing.
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.