How to Throw Out Your Excuses & Life a “No Limits” Life!
As Seen On Oprah! Quadruple Congenital Amputee Kyle Maynard Shares His Incredibly Inspiring &Motivational Story Of Crawling to the Top of Mt Kilimanjaro & Shares How to Throw Out Perceived “Limits” Let Go Of Excuses & Live Your Greatest Life!
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Have you ever heard you’re not smart enough, talented enough, or that it’s just not in your genes to do what you want to do, to reach for your dreams, or to follow that special path you yearn to follow?
Well if this sounds even vaguely familiar, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with the Rock Star of No Excuses. His name is Kyle Maynard. He was born as a congenital amputee with two half arms, and two half legs…well, half by our standards, for boy is Kyle whole. He’s one of the top athletes in the nation, or the world, LITERALLY, in able-bodied standards, he’s climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, and this year competed in the world championships in Jiu Jitsu.
Kyle is one of the most inspiring, motivational, and uplifting people you’ll ever meet. But he’s not infallible. What he does best is dusting himself off, throwing out garbage excuses (from himself or others) and going for it!
And that’s what we’ll be discussing today, how we can all let go of our excuses, move past the BS, and do the things we’ve always dreamed of doing. That plus the sandbox, Jiu Jitsu, mountain climbing and cage-fighting, plus what in the world happened in shopping carts!
- How did Kyle’s family treat his “disability”
- What Kyle’s grandmother did to help him learn how to engage and warm people up
- How Kyle’s parents created an environment that didn’t focus on limitations
- How Kyle tried out for football
- Why it’s so much easier to succeed when you have a community behind you
- How to become no-deaf to the protection of loved ones
- How to move past self-doubt
- How to hang in there through a “learning streak” of 1 ½ years
- How Kyle hung in there with high school wrestling and was never pinned & went on to become 12th in the nation his senior year
- Why there’s power behind refusing to fail
- The importance of pushing yourself to the edge, or being outside of the comfort zone
- Set record for world’s strongest teen
- How he went out of the comfort zone in beginning to speak to Fortune 500 companies
- How Kyle was cracking while out on speaking tour, and how that was a positive
- How to stare yourself in the eyes for 5 minutes
- How he locked himself in an MMA cage, and the positives that came out of it
- How he shifted from the I to the We
- How Kyle climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro
- The power of naiveté!
- The K2 Adventure Foundation which helps kids with disabilities – check them out!
- Why the best mountaineers have the shortest memories
- The importance of selective memory loss among entrepreneurs and athletes to keep trying
- Mount Aconcagua in South America
- Why Kyle recently invested in an altitude tent
- The importance of finding your why
- Carrying the ashes of a fallen soldier
- Why we should all do something worthy of criticism
- Surround yourself with great or successful people, just make sure you don’t see yourself as inferior
- The importance of focusing on our own game
- Why you should take on one of your biggest excuses today & how much would that change your life
MORE ON KYLE MAYNARD:
Kyle Maynard is a motivational speaker, author, entrepreneur and athlete. Despite being born with arms that end at the elbows and legs near the knees, Kyle’s wrestled for one of the best teams in the Southeast, set records in weightlifting, fought in mixed martial arts, and most recently became the first man to crawl on his own to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
His story has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Larry King Live, ESPN’s Sportscenter, HBO’s Real Sports, ABC’s 20/20 and Good Morning America, and as a cover story in USA Today. He continues to inspire as the author of his book, No Excuses: The True Story of a Congenital Amputee Who Became a Champion in Wrestling and in Life, a New York Times bestseller.
NY Times Best-seller by Kyle Maynard:
No Excuses: The True Story of a Congenital Amputee Who Became a Champion in Wrestling and in Life
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.