How to Go Beyond Mindfulness for Peace in Every Moment
Find Greater Peace, Health Success & Happiness Going Beyond Mindfulness with Lama Surya Das, Affectionately Known by the Dalai Lama as “The Western Lama” He’ll make you laugh & even share a Tibetan Chant!
Listen to the podcasts below!
Bonus: Meditation with Lama Surya Das
Beautiful short, relaxing, mindfulness meditation from Lama Surya Das.
In this episode, we’ll be talking with Lama Surya Das, considered one of the foremost Western Buddhist meditation teachers and scholars. The Dalai Lama affectionately calls him “The Western Lama”. And He’s the best-selling author of 13 books including Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World, his latest, book Make Me One with Everything: Buddhist Meditations to Awaken from the Illusion of Separation and Letting Go of the Person You Used to Be: Lessons on Change, Loss, and Spiritual Transformation
We’ll be talking about oneness and inter-meditation, or connecting to everyone and everything around us. We’ll talk about why we should do it, how we should do it, when we should do it, and what in the world we have in all have in common with a hot dog.
- what did the Dalai Lama say about a hot dog?
- are we surfing the cresting wave of evolution
- why is it so important to interconnect, and particularly NOW?
- what is intermeditation
- what is Thich Nhat Hanh’s interbeing?
- what is the difference between intermeditation – all inclusiveness, and mindfulness?
- “When I forget who I am, I serve God, when I forget who I am, I am God” ~Hanuman
- function Practice
- main Practice
- co-meditation with the dalai lama & your guides
- how to find peace in yourself, and bring peace to the world
- Tonglen – giving and receiving
- Lojong – attitude transformation and spiritual refinement
- Atisha – the lamp master – systematized Lojong – “taming” or “mastering”
- what is true attention or lucid attention and how to cultivate it
- nowness awareness or presencing
- after attention is self-acceptace or compassion
- awareness of the implications of your motivations & consequences of your actions
- natural meditation – clouds, trees, etc.
- intermeditating with trees & animals
- the less full of myself I am, the more room there is for others.
MORE ON LAMA SURYA DAS:
Lama Surya Das is one of the foremost Western Buddhist meditation teachers and scholars, one of the main interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism in the West, and a leading spokesperson for the emerging American Buddhism. The Dalai Lama affectionately calls him “the Western Lama.”
Surya has spent over forty years studying Zen, vipassana, yoga, and Tibetan Buddhism with the great masters of Asia. He is an authorized lama (priest and spiritual master teacher) in the Nyingmapa School of Tibetan Buddhism as well as the founder of the Dzogchen Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and its affiliated branches. He is also the founder of the Western Buddhist Teachers Network annual conferences with the Dalai Lama.
Books by Lama Surya Das:
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.