How to Calm Your Mind & Discover Inner Peace and Bliss Through Music
Discover How To Improve Your Health, Career, Well-Being & Life, Body, Mind & Soul, Thru The Power of Music!
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Today we’ll be talking with Yuval Ron, a world-renowned musician, composer, educator, peace activist, record producer and author of Divine Attunement: Music as a Path to Wisdom. He’s also composed the music for the Oscar-winning film West Bank Story, has performed for the Dalai Lama, the King of Morroco, and many, many more. Personally, I’d consider him a modern Rumi of Music.
You’ll hear a brief sample of his album called Vata: The Soaring Soul.
Today we’re going to talk about the healing power of music…how it can calm us, give us greater focus and literally promote greater health throughout the body.
Plus we’ll talk about Saturday morning cartoons, whirling dervishes, and perhaps even sacred ecstasy…no it’s not what you think!
- How Yuval got his start in making music for cartoons.
- How he began working on talk shows like David Letterman, Oprah Winfrey
- How Yuval got involved in Sufi music
- How he was scoring an Egyptian film & an Israeli score at the same time
- What is sacred ecstasy?
- The connection between Sufi whirling & Jewish Chasidism?
- What is a whirling dervish & why is it such a spiritual motion?
- The potential or purpose of a kirtan
- How you can use music to slow yourself down
- How Yuval began working with Robert Monroe & music to change brain wave states
- How Yuval began working with Richard Gold for Meta
- How you can move away from a dependency on headphones
- How Yuval began embedding pulsation in the music
- The danger of aggressive music, techno-music & heavy metal
- The direct link between the music you consume & your spiritual health
- Why what you hear is what you are
- How your brain makes a judgment based more on the nuance (the music) of the word, over the meaning of the word
- How to use music to balance your doshas or your mind, body, & emotions
- The scientific power of Ohm
- What partaking in the sound-making is a lot more powerful than just listening
- Why we want to re-tune ourselves with meditation or music
- What kind of music is recommended for you while working?
- Why you need to choose music based on your activity
- How sound and music can change your perspective
- What is harmonic sound and why is it so important?
- What about the alternative tuning of 432 hertz vs. current tuning of 440 hertz
- Why there are far more musical modes than just major & minor scales
- The importance of live music
- A project in 6 cities around the world where they played different music 24 hours/day, over 3 months, New York, Singapore, London, using giant Samsung screens with visual calming images that worked with the weather.
MORE ON YUVAL RON:
Yuval Ron is a world-renowned musician, composer, educator, peace activist, and record producer. Among his many honors, he composed the music for the Oscar-winning film, West Bank Story, was invited to perform for the Dalai Lama, and has collaborated with the Sufi leader Pir Zia Inayat Khan, master musician Omar Faruk Tekbilek, Zen Buddhist priest and visual artist Hirokazu Kosaka, choreographers Daniel Ezralow and Oguri and neuroscientists Mark Robert Waldman and Andrew Goodman. He was awarded the Los Angeles Treasures Award and grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, American Composers Forum, California Council for the Humanities, and the Rockefeller Foundation. He is a noted lecturer and has been invited to speak at numerous schools including: Yale, John Hopkins University, UCLA, MIT, Berklee College of Music, University of Chicago, and many others. Yuval has been on the faculty of Esalen Institute, is an affiliated artist with the Center for Jewish Culture and Creativity, and a “Guiding Voice” for Seven Pillars – House of Wisdom. Yuval’s book Divine Attunement: Music as a path to Wisdom, won the Gold Medal Award for Best Spirituality Book at the Indie Book Awards 2015.
Yuval Ron on Facebook:
Books & Music by Yuval Ron:
Seeker of Truth
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.