How Not to Die! Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent & Reverse Disease
Dr. Greger’s on a Mission to Cure Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Depression, & More By Updating What We Eat! Hear This Fascinating Interview Filled with Science-Based Nutrition Tips from the Founder of NutritionFacts.org.
Listen to the Podcast Below!
In this episode, we’ll be talking with Dr. Michael Greger, founder of NutritionFacts.org, and an internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, preventive medicine, and our health and author of the acclaimed book, How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease.
We’ll work to cut through some of the confusion. We’ll talk about what’s working, what’s not, and the science behind it. We’ll do some myth-busting, and ask him the really tough questions about meats, grains, beans, coffee, sugar, salt, and so much more! And we’ll look at different diseases that often get us, and what we can to do to prevent them, or at least hold them off. We’ll even look at depression and what in the world food has to do with our mood!
Plus we’ll look at what Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Atkins, and the Incredible Hulk have to do with anything.
- How Michael’s grandmother survived after she was sent home to die.
- Nathan Pritikin, early lifestyle pioneer who claimed to reverse heart-disease with diet/lifestyle
- Michael’s biggest shock/surprise about med-school & what they did NOT teach.
- Why you can’t listen to the cravings of your body
- The global consensus on the core principals of what we should eat
- The real cause of diabetes, type-2 diabetes & insulin resistance
- Why diabetes is taking 18 years off a child’s life
- What you can do about your kids health today
- The ONLY diet is that’s scientifically proven to reverse heart-disease
- What it means to eat a whole food plant-based diet
- Why grains aren’t as evil as you think
- What you can learn from queen bees & worker bees
- What is epigenetics
- How genes can suppress cancer growth
- Ornish & how you can extend your ‘life fuse’ or enlarge your telomeres (cellular aging)
- Why reducing meat even for a few years can make a dramatic difference
- How the microbiome affects your gut, immunity, depression & moods
- What are pre-biotics & why you need them
- The number one thing you can do to prevent cancer
- Why processed meat is now considered a class 1 carcinogen
- What you should be eating on a day-to-day basis
- The importance of getting enough vitamin D
- The importance of vitamin B-12
- Prostate cancer avoidance – why we need to avoid chicken
- Why soy is great for you to prevent or survive breast-cancer
MORE ON DR MICHAEL GREGER:
Dr. Michael Greger is a physician and internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, food safety, and public health issues. A founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, he is licensed as a general practitioner specializing in clinical nutrition. Currently he proudly serves as the public health director at the Humane Society of the United States. Dr. Greger is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Agriculture and the Tufts University School of Medicine.
Book by Dr. Michael Greger:
How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.